Sunday, October 31, 2010

About Me: Durgesh Kumar Srivastava

In these blogs I write about my life experiences, mostly relating to my adolescent years (1950s) and my later years as a University college teacher at different places in India.

I write these blogs to fill the current vacuum in my life that has arisen since my triple bypass open heart surgery in mid August, 2010. I am now convalescing at home. The Internet is my window to the world.

Through these blogs you can have a first hand feel of the life and culture of India and its people. English is my second language. My first language is Hindi. Kindly do not mind the clumsiness of my writing, grammar and spellings.

I was born on 22 February 1943, at Allahabad in north central India. My early upbringing and education up to University Post Graduation was at Allahabad. I have had a very happy childhood. I now live in New Delhi, the capital city of India. I am married and my two sons are grown up and independently well settled. i have three grandsons - 15 13 and 7 years in age. i served as a University college Reader in Commerce and Management for 40+ years.

I have had a variety of interests in my life - Hindi movies, Hindi film music, nature, travel and sport. But now at age 67+ my interests are day-dreaming, making castles in the air, gossiping, sending and receiving long e-mails and generally talking of nothing in particular. I like wit and humour and kids. I love to tell stories of my life and to hear your stories. Whatever interests my e-pals interests me. Unfortunately, my wife of 44 years' vintage shares none of my interests. She lives in a world of her own under the same roof and i let her be, giving her space and all liberty.

You will know me and my nature if you go through the archives of our group websites and read some of my blogs. i will continue to post my blogs on the two websites and request you to peruse these when you have the time and mood and send to me your critical comments. One request - please write to me in large fonts when you e-mail me.

We here have just gone through a month of heavy rains. Extremes of weather are a common feature of life in this city. The weather is mild now in time for the season of many interesting Hindu festivals. The children are very happy. When the children are happy, I am very happy too.

i took out my 20 year old car for the first time in two months since my surgery. My grandson Chhota (7) sat next to me. in a one hour drive he asked something like 200 questions. i patiently answered most of them, many untruthfully just to please him. Chhota addresses me as BABA. All the children of the locality (even many young and beautiful maiden) address me as Baba. That is fine with me.

My views are quite different from the views of others. I do not consider children as intrusions. I welcome them on my lap. If you talk to me at the same time as Chhota, I shall give first priority to Chhota.Colleagues would often ask me what is the greatest joy in life. I would answer - parenting, and then add - grand-parenting is even better. That is why DENNIS THE MENACE is my favourite cartoon strip.

Please do e-mail me (in large fonts) when you are in the mood. Please write a long e-mail. i shall welcome it.

Regards, Sincerely,

(Mr.)Durgesh Kumar Srivastava)

Durgesh (my first name)(you can call me DK)

New Delhi, India, 30 Sept. 2010

Email: JiBhaiya@gmail.com


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment